[cairo] Re: On recovery from errors in cairo (was: cairo reset)

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 12:59:42 PDT 2006

2006/9/25, Mike Emmel <mike.emmel at gmail.com>:
> Next I need to see about getting a device to the main cairo team if
> your intrested
> in adding a arm device to your performance testing.

Apparently you haven't been paying attention :)

Performance on ARM, specifically on the TI OMAP1710 found on Nokia
770, has been a hot topic recently. Hot enough to make Nokia hand out
a device to Carl (for obvious reasons ;).

> Once we have a arm device in your possesion we can talk real numbers
> about performance on the device.

The GNOME performance list had a long thread on floating point in
Cairo, with some numbers:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/performance-list/2006-August/msg00007.html

I also posted some related performance data to the list, though didn't
have the time to get to the "why"s then (and it was more of GTK+
version vs another GTK+ version, though one variable there was Cairo).

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi