[cairo] local PLT check failure for cairo-xcb

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat Sep 30 12:34:05 PDT 2006

Apparently I haven't run `make check` since the local PLT test was
introduced, and shockingly, I guess nobody else is testing cairo on XCB.
(What would it take to get that added to OSDL's testing?)

Checking .libs/libcairo.so for local PLT entries
0005e784  00014307 R_386_JUMP_SLOT   00034af0   cairo_xcb_surface_crea
FAIL: check-plt.sh

After looking at cairo-xlib-private.h, I tried adding this line just
after the #include directives in cairo-xcb-surface.c:

slim_hidden_proto (cairo_xcb_surface_create_with_xrender_format);

but that pushed the error to an earlier test:

Checking cairo.def
222d221
< cairo_xcb_surface_create_with_xrender_format
FAIL: check-def.sh

How does this work? cairo_xcb_surface_create_with_xrender_format is used
inside the implementation but is also public.

--Jamey