[cairo] Re: [cairo-commit] 3 commits - pixman/src src/cairoint.h

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Apr 4 10:20:03 PDT 2007

>     [pixman] Make sure all source files include config.h
>     as their first include.

What's all this about? Was there a bug somewhere?

I see lots of:

> +#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
> +#include <config.h>
> +#endif
> +
>  #include "pixman-xserver-compat.h"

and:

> +#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
> +#include <config.h>
> +#endif
> +
>  #include "icint.h"

Bit pixman-xserver-compat.h includes icint.h as its first thing, and
icint.h includes config.h as its first thing.

So I don't see any bug fix here, but I do see a lot of noise.

Ah, this one (reviewing a separate commit now), could have been a bug
and should have just been including the pixman header first:

> +#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
> +#include <config.h>
> +#endif
> +
>  #include <string.h>
>  #include "pixman-xserver-compat.h"

and this one was definitely a bug by not including a pixman header at
all:

> +#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
> +#include <config.h>
> +#endif
> +
>  #include <stdlib.h>
>  #include <limits.h>
>  #include <string.h>

(Oops, sorry I lopped off the filenames on those quotations.)

-Carl

PS. Meanwhile, a real cleanup would be to rename icint.h to
pixman-private.h, but maybe we want to wait to see what comes of ssp's
promised pixman/fb merge work before doing any gratuitous cleanups
here.