[cairo] Cairo on embedded device

Shabbir Bharmal shabbir.bharmal at zeuslearning.com
Thu Aug 9 03:12:30 PDT 2007

Hey Jean thanks for your patch. I have reconfigured my kernel to use RGB565 format.

Did you used cairo for framebuffer? Can you tell me how you have used it?

I have initialized framebuffer. Here is the code snippet which I have used to fill a rectangle on framebuffer.

surface=cairo_image_surface_create_for_data(framebuffer, CAIRO_FORMAT_RGB16_565, xResolution, yResolution, line_length);
cr = cairo_create(surface);
cairo_set_source_rgb(cr, 0, 1, 0);    //setting fill color to green
cairo_rectangle(cr, 0, 0, 200, 200);
cairo_fill(cr);

I am expecting above code to fill a rectangle with green color. But there is no output!! I have checked my framebuffer initialization code. Its working fine. I think I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Shabbir