[cairo] Cairo 1.4.10 and maemo

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Aug 17 05:52:15 PDT 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 15:08:13 +0300, "Michael Dominic K." wrote:

> I was thinking about pushing 1.4.10 forward, but Xan hinted that in
> this version there might be still some problems with text rendering
> coming from different threads. Are those concerns still valid with
> 1.4.10?

I'm not aware of any multi-thread bugs related to text rendering. The
text performance improvement you're seeing in 1.4.10 compared to 1.4.6
is primarily due to the solid-surface cache that was introduced in the
1.3.8 release.

Preliminary versions of that cache, (during 1.3.x development), did
cause problems with multi-thread text rendering, but we didn't put the
cache into any released version of cairo until all known problems were
fixed.

> I did basic testing and couldn't notice any obvious problems.
> What do you recommend?

I would recommend 1.4.10, (and of course, please let us know if you do
run into any problems).

Have fun with cairo!