[cairo] animation converted to cairo format

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Aug 23 14:57:00 PDT 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:16:48 -0700, "Rebecca Allen" wrote:
> Hi. I'm working with the One Laptop per Child project www.laptop.org. I
> don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for
> someone who would be interested in converting a 15 second animation into
> cairo format. This will ultimately appear during the boot up process of the
> laptop.

I'm also not sure what you're looking for. There does not exist any
sort of "cairo format" in terms of a file format for storing images,
(whether static or animated).

What one could do with cairo is to write a program to create an
animation. Whether that's appropriate depends on what your animation
looks like I suppose, (and whether cairo is available at the
particular point in the boot process you want to animate something).

Do you have the animation available somewhere so that people could
look at it and comment on what might be feasible?