[cairo] Removing FontConfig dependency from Cairo

Mukul Sharma elitecoder.mukul at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:11:25 PST 2007

Dear members,

I had been trying to make cairo font support work over T-Environment since a
very long time, but have been facing the problems related to Fontconfig. The
environment, I am working on, will not support fontconfig and my previous
efforts have been failing.

I observed that such a talk had been going on last year, but could not
obtain enough information so as to proceed with any solution. Kindly guide
me regarding this. I wish to remove the use of fontconfig from cairo
completely. Is it possible in any way?

Is there any other way to render fonts if we don't use the FreeType Backend?
I am currently using a unix-like environment.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Mukul Sharma
Centre for High Performance Embedded Systems
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

"A person who runs from responsibilities, runs from life."

"It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole
scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad
things are very easy to get."