[cairo] Removing FontConfig dependency from Cairo

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Dec 3 14:46:36 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 05:11 +0800, Mukul Sharma wrote:

> Is there any other way to render fonts if we don't use the FreeType
> Backend? I am currently using a unix-like environment.

You need one of FreeType, Microsoft Uniscribe, or Apple ATSUI to render
*any* text with cairo.  Pick yours.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh