[cairo] freetype, python and ctypes

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 04:41:47 PST 2007

Hello,
 I'm stuck on the code attached. The ctypes example from the cookbook works
well in it's original form, but I'm trying to present it via my API in an
easy way. The user-end of the equation should look like this:

        af = AFont("font.ttf") # My easy font class
        face=af.face(ctx) # fetch the 'face'
        ctx.set_font_face(face) # plug it into the context
        ctx.set_font_size(30)
        ctx.move_to(0, 44)
        ctx.show_text("Hello,")
        ctx.move_to(30, 74)
        ctx.show_text("world!")
        ctx.fill()

My attempt keeps segfaulting. I'm sure I'm being daft, but thus far I can't
make head nor tails of it -- any takers?

\d