[cairo] XShm

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Fri Dec 7 16:56:25 PST 2007

Hey Chris,

On Oct 26, 2007, at 10:50 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Boy, has it been a fun week. The XShm branch is steadily maturing, and
> so I've been testing as many benchmarks as I can get my hands on.

Any more progress on the XShm/acquire_image work?  If you've gotten
busy I'd be happy to pick it up.  Image loading trash is showing up on
our memory profiles for mozilla -- for win32 we can avoid it with the
API I added a while back (I'd like to get rid of this api for 1.6 and
use a generic one), but for X and Quartz, we end up allocating an
image surface to load into, and then copy that over to an OS surface.
Let me know if I can help out in any way.

     - Vlad