[cairo] Screen orientation

Jean-Claude Repetto jcrml at mxm.eu
Mon Dec 10 05:32:52 PST 2007

Hello,

I am using Cairo in a handheld device with a LCD screen. The device has
a frame buffer, so I am using Cairo image surfaces to draw directly into
the frame buffer.
Unfortunately, some of the devices have been manufactured with a LCD
screen rotated of 90 degrees. I have tried to use a Cairo transformation
matrix. It works, but it is much slower.
Is there a possibility of avoiding the cost of a matrix multiplication ?
Changing the orientation requires only a swap between X and Y, and/or a
substraction.

Naturally, I could write two versions of the application, but I'd prefer
avoid this solution. A solution with two versions of the Cairo library
is acceptable.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Jean-Claude