[cairo] [ANN] CairoPad

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Dec 10 12:34:05 PST 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:19:56 +0200, Hakki Dogusan wrote:
> http://www.dynaset.org/dogusanh/download.html#cairopad
>
> Since I'm in -slooooow- learning stage, I thought, there should be a
> tool to show Cairo code effect in real time.. So, I wrote mine :)

I like the concept a lot. But I had no luck running it at all:

My system provides a "lua50" binary, not a "lua5.1", so I tried making
that substitution into run.sh but this is what I end up with:

	$ sh run.sh
	lua50: <command line>:1: attempt to index global `package' (a nil
value)
	stack traceback:
	        <command line>:1: in main chunk
	        [C]: ?

Which means exactly nothing to me.

Is this a 5.0 vs. 5.1 problem or something else?

> Since in my LuaCairo binding I followed C API naming strictly, it may
> help for C - Cairo experiments.

That also seems very appealing.