[cairo] OT: Where to host a GPL project that involves Cairo

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Dec 12 10:21:02 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 20:17 +0200, Donn wrote:
> That makes me wonder, does Cairo use GL if it's available? Or is it 100%
> independent? I have GL working (I use Blender) and did not think to ask until
> you mentioned Clutter (which I just saw for the 1st time) and that got me
> wondering -- perhaps the speed of Cairo has been my nvidia card all along...

No, it doesn't use OpenGL by default, but you can explicitly use it by
using the glitz backend.  That backend is far from supported though.
See here to start:

  http://cairographics.org/OpenGL/

This is not how Clutter works though.  IIRC, Clutter is based on OpenGL
entirely, but has a plugin to allow drawing using cairo and using it as
a texture on the OpenGL side.  I may be wrong though.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh