[cairo] can cairo give me a draw pen with gradient width

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 22:23:43 PST 2007

You might be interested in this work:

http://www.camtech.ntu.edu.sg/CAG/cag_proj.htm

Specifically:
Artistic brushstroke representation and animation with disk b-spline curve
 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1178477.1178489

I'm not that familiar with it, but the lead author gave a talk at our
office recently.  They have used it for oriental calligraphy which is
why your question made me think of it.
I believe the idea is basically to have a separate spline parameter
representing thickness, but then the trick I imagine is how to extract
a good outline from that description quickly.

--bb