[cairo] Some newbie question

Tuom Larsen tuom.larsen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:44:10 PST 2007

Hello,
I'm very new to Cairo, please bear with me:
- I don't really get the concept of Surfaces - can I convert between various
surfaces? Say from Image to PDF? How? Create an Image, Create a PDF with the
same dimensions and call cairo_paint? (btw, I'm using pycairo)
- Is there a generic/meta Surface I'm drawing to, and all the other Surfaces
(Image, PDF) provide "mere" disk serialization in the format specified? If
so, is it also possible to serialize this generic Surface? And if not, how
can I store an Image Surface and the load it some another time?
Thanks a lot in advance!
T.