[cairo] How to draw an invisible rectangle?

Dirk Schönberger dirk.schoenberger at sz-online.de
Sun Dec 16 08:07:43 PST 2007

> Is it possible to draw a rectangle without a stroke and without a fill in
Cairo? You could ask what is it good for -- to mark a bounding box of an >
object, for example. For vector programs which provide so called Outline
view or mode or Keyline. In another works -- I simply would not
> stroke() or fill() them but then they will wait till the next path which
could be stroked() or filled() -- is it possible to discard current path?
> Thanks

If I understand you correctly and you just don't want to render the current
path, cairo_new_path() should delete the current path (and create a new
empty path)

Regards
Dirk