[cairo] show_glyphs and writing text

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 09:17:54 PST 2007

> And at that point you really
> want to just be using pango for all that, (and for the so much more
> that it does).
Okay.

> But for little demos, it's definitely hard to beat cairo_show_text.
> It's easy to use and it makes some text appear.
Right.

> I think a good set of demos would then show that pango integrates
> nicely with cairo, and it's really not that much harder to use than
> cairo_show_text.
Info is thin on the ground, there's a dearth of (accessible) examples online.

BTW - I hesitate to ask, but since you have posted today: I asked about the
wiki recently. How can I upload images (and SVG files for download) so that I
can build the tutorial I have been working on? If files and images must be
kept elsewhere, I'll have to find some kind of host. I am having teething
trouble with my FDO login, else I'd put them there.

\d