[cairo] Building Cairo on RH 7.3

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Dec 19 09:42:28 PST 2007

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:17:52 -0600, "Robert Love" wrote:
> OK, I grabbed 1.4.12 and untarred, then:
..
> cairo-xlib-surface-private.h:91: parse error before `XTransform'

This says that you're missing the Xrender.h header file, (or possibly
you have it but it's too old? I don't know).

It's definitely not nice of our configure script to not let you know
about that. But you should be able to install the Xrender library and
then continue compiling.

> cairo-xlib-surface.c:140: `PictStandardARGB32' undeclared (first use in this

OK, no question about it. You don't have Xrender.h at all. I don't
think there was ever a version of that file that wouldn't have
declared PictStandardARGB32.

> BTW, if I try the later version, I keep running into a problem with all the
> make files having issue with -fno-strict-aliasing.  I don't think my GCC
> supports that.

Hmmm... the configure script does do a little test build with this
flag to see if it's supported and then only includes it if the test
succeeds. You'll have to look at config.log to see why that test isn't
behaving correctly on your system.

Good luck,