[cairo] Path Gradients

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Dec 21 11:29:52 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 14:06 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:

> Personally, I think I'd much rather see a general "mesh gradient" get
> added to cairo that would provide support for any possible
> user-specified gradient. On top of that, it should then be quite easy
> to implement the path gradient you want, (whatever its precise
> specification is), and in that case, that implementation could even
> live outside of cairo.

Humm, meshes in general would have made much more sense in cairo if it
supported projective transformations.  What's people's insight about
that?  Am I right that Xrender supports them?  What about PS/PDF/SVG?

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh