[cairo] Path Gradients

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Dec 27 14:28:27 PST 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 22:08 -0500, Bill Spitzak wrote:

> My biggest problem with making Cairo do 3D is that as currently defined
> it is useless. Supposedly the pen and font are always transformed by
> the current transform. This would mean that any projected path would be
> equivalent to drawing that path using the current pen in 2D and then
> pespective transforming the resulting surface. This is trivial to do by
> using a seperate surface (and pretty much impossible to achieve in any
> other way). A far more useful result is to draw the resulting path with
> a fixed-size pen, this is also much easier to implement. This is the
> main reason why I want to see Cairo changed so that the pen and font
> are fixed in device space at the moment they are set, rather than being
> modified by further transforms.

For fonts it's not a huge issue.  For pen it is.  And it's been
discussed before, and Carl and I both want to see pen locked.  The fine
details were never fleshed out though.  Anyone taking this one?

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh