[cairo] FreeType internals in new versions of cairo

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Sun Feb 4 11:58:00 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 14:00 -0500, Halim I. wrote:
> According to freetype.org's website, the current versions of cairo graphics
> uses internal freetype headers and thus doesn't work with the latest freetype
> version 2.3.1.

That's not correct.  Cairo does not use freetype internal headers and it
works (as seen in Fedora) with FreeType 2.3.1.

> On the rogue patches page they list patches for cairo 1.2.4 and 1.0.3.
> (http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/patches/rogue-patches.html)
>
> Are these patches incorporated in the latest version of cairo, or will they be
> in the upcoming 1.3 release?

The cairo patches on that page are different.  They are not about
internal headers, but using new API in FreeType 2.3.1 for LCD subpixel
filtering.  As the comment says: "This patch makes the library use the
new built-in FreeType LCD color filtering features. You need FreeType
2.3.1 (or newer)!"

I like to get that in for 1.4, though it may be a little too late now,
and FreeType 2.3.1 is too new to require.  Probably postpone for 1.6, bu
thanks for pointing it out to us.

Carl, David, comments please.

--
behdad