[cairo] Re: Thread-specific linked-list for locked FT_Face objects

David Turner david at freetype.org
Wed Feb 14 12:54:31 PST 2007

Hi Carl,

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:30:11 -0800, "Carl Worth" <cworth at cworth.org> said:
> It does not yet take the necessary care to ensure that cairo is not
> calling into freetype API from multiple threads, (even ignoring the
> issue of handing FT_Face objects up to the user).
>
> But David says he will be looking into that separately.
>
> David, hopefully these changes I just pushed don't cause too much
> trouble for you. (I don't think they should, this series was _much_
> less invasive than the thread-specific linked-list nightmare patch
> series).

No problem at all for me, please go ahead. On the other hand, the changes
I've started are going to touch a lot more things that I initially thought.
However, this is the opportunity to fix and improve many aspects of the
face/font/glyph caching in the code. And it will be done without breaking
the API, only adding to it.

Regards,

- David