[cairo] Re: Sorry I broke the text tests! (and status update)

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:20:56 PST 2007

On 2/14/07, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 03:51 -0500, Ross Burton wrote:
> >
> > Any chance of Jorn's surface patch landing in 1.4?
>
> Last week we decided to postpone it to post 1.4, but given the delays, I
> may go on and push it today.

For what it's worth, I personally think it would be really nice to
have Jorn's patch make it into 1.4. We're still trying to convince the
embedded community that cairo is no longer "too slow" for them to use.
This last patch would be the final nail in the coffin, as it makes
text drawing with GTK2.10+cairo actually _faster_ than with
GTK2.6+Xft.

Let me know if there's anything I can help with to make this happen.

Dan