[cairo] Background image

Olivier Jolet olivier.jolet at skynet.be
Fri Feb 16 00:07:17 PST 2007

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Daniel Amelang [mailto:daniel.amelang at gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 15 février 2007 21:26
À : Olivier Jolet
Cc : cairo at cairographics.org
Objet : Re: [cairo] Background image

On 2/15/07, Olivier Jolet <olivier.jolet at skynet.be> wrote:
> I need to use a background image (of course always the same).
>
> Actually, I draw the background image in a surface "surfBG " and
before each
> draw, I use
>
> cairo_set_source_surface (cr, surfBG, 0, 0);
>
> cairo_paint (cr);
>
> But I'm not sure that's the better way to do it...
>
> Is there a better method to use a background?

Looks good to me. Are you running into some problem with this method?

Dan

No, I don't have problem with this method. But the display is very slow
(zoom in & out with the scroll mouse button) and I thought that it could
be because of the background. Apparently it's not that. Perhaps it's
because of the many primitive functions to draw a big graphic? I should
perhaps try to use GLX backend...