[cairo] Re: [cairo-commit] 3 commits (nquartz -> quartz renaming)

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Tue Feb 20 16:16:13 PST 2007

Carl Worth wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,
>
> Thanks for landing the new quartz stuff. I've just got a few comments
> on the contents of cairo-quartz.h:
>
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:45:18 -0800 (PST), wrote:
>> +#ifdef CAIRO_NQUARTZ_SUPPORT_AGL
>> +#include <AGL/agl.h>
>> +#endif
>
> I don't think I like this. In general, we haven't been putting
> conditional functionality into the header files, but instead have a
> one-to-one correspondence of cairo-foo.pc files and cairo-foo.h files
> so that you either have them or you don't.
>
> (One notable exception is that we have cairo-png.pc along with some
> conditionally included png-related functions in cairo.h, but most
> people that have commented on those wish they weren't there.)
>
> See, for example, cairo-xlib.h and the separate
> cairo-xlib-xrender.h. Should we just move this functionality to
> cairo-quartz-agl.h or something like that?

We can; we could also just get rid of it entirely.  The CGGL stuff that
the AGL bits depend on was marked as deprecated in MacOS X 10.4, so I
think it's of limited value at this point.  I'll go ahead and just
remove it... if someone wants to resurrect it they can dig up the old
code from git.  :)

>>  cairo_public cairo_surface_t *
>> -cairo_quartz_surface_create (CGContextRef    context,
>> -			     int	     width,
>> -			     int	     height,
>> -			     cairo_bool_t    y_grows_down);
>> +cairo_quartz_surface_create (cairo_format_t format,
>> +                             unsigned int width,
>> +                             unsigned int height);
>
> Hurrah! You killed y_grows_down for me. That makes me very happy, (and
> eliminates a veto I had been mulling over against marking cairo-quartz
> as officially supported).
>
>> +cairo_public CGContextRef
>> +cairo_quartz_surface_get_cg_context (cairo_surface_t *surf);
>
> Would you rename that from surf to surface please?

Sure, will do.

     - Vlad