[cairo] pango.Context from a cairo.ImageSurface ?

Tobias Ceglarek dev at ceglarek.eu
Mon Feb 26 11:29:35 PST 2007

Hi Dom,

thanks for your very fast answer.

At first I have to correct: I do not need a pango.Context! I need a
pangocairo.CairoContext. Sorry.

I don't understand exactly. I will try to explain (with python syntax):

When I call cairo.Context(surface) I get a cairo.Context.

Then I create a pangocairo.CairoFontMap with
pangocairo.cairo_font_map_get_default().

This Object gives me with create_context() a pango.Context.

But then I do not understand. There is a function called update_context
in pangocairo.CairoContext. This function wants a pango.Context as
argument. But do I need a pangoCairoContext to call this Function or is
it static? When I call just like this:

pangocairo.CairoContext.update_context(mypangocontext) I get an error
message:

"TypeError: descriptor 'update_context' requires a
'pangocairo.CairoContext' object but received a 'pango.Context'"

Can anyone help me?

Cu,

Tobias