[cairo] WINVER stuff in cairo-win32.h

Jonathan Watt jwatt at jwatt.org
Wed Jan 3 06:00:22 PST 2007

Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
> ----- Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:
>> Carl Worth writes:
>>  > As I am rolling up the 1.3.10 snapshot, I noticed the change below
>> in
>>  > cairo-win32.h. Is this WINVER stuff only for the benefit of the
>>  > cairo-win32-surface.c code? Or is this really required for users of
>>  > the install cairo-win32.h header file?
>>
>> I would say this should definitely not be in the public header file.
>
> Yeah, I don't really understand why it's needed in the first place -- if it's for cairo-win32-surface.c or for cairo-win32-font.c, then those two files need to make sure to set WINVER appropriately and to #include windows.h as the first thing.

My fault. I made that change purely to enable the use of the Windows 2000
feature ETO_PDY in _cairo_win32_surface_show_glyphs (in some source files
cairo-win32.h ends up being included before cairoint.h so changing cairoint.h
wasn't enough).

I should mention that neither Vlad nor Stuart reviewed that part of the commit
since I thought it was a safe change to make when porting my patch from the
Mozilla copy of cairo to cairo proper. My apologies for putting it in the wrong
place and for any inconvenience it has caused. I'll whip up a patch and check it
in ASAP as soon as I've passed it by Vlad.

-Jonathan