[cairo] Lander Game

Alex Mac lots.of.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 03:48:21 PST 2007

I'm guessing that rsvg does no caching and simply re-parses the svg
file every time? that would explain why its so slow.

I saw something like this mentioned in another thread but I'll mention
it again here. It would be really useful if cairo had something like
OpenGL's display lists so that sequences of commands can be recorded
and then later replayed to a surface.

I would imagine it working like this:

displaylist = cr.new_display_list()

// some cairo calls, maybe a call to the rsvg library to render an svg file

cr.end_list()

while(game_running)
{
    cr.call_list(displaylist)
    //other stuff
}

as with OpenGL you can choose whether the creation of the display list
is simply compiled into memory or executed normally as well as being
compiled. There is supposedly a speed benefit in OpenGL when compiling
the list only as it can be optimised.