[cairo] Lander Game

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jan 8 17:37:33 PST 2007

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 17:08:14 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> I'd still like to see if there's any useful cairo vs. QT comparison to
> be had here. So let me know if I should be able to run this without
> having a full-blown OpenGL implementation available in my X server.

I found the following in QT4/Window.py:

	QGLWidget.__init__(self,QGLFormat(QGL.SampleBuffers), parent)
	#QWidget.__init__(self, parent)

So I just switched to the commented out QWidget version, (also changed
the earlier occurrence of QGLWidget to QWidget), and now I can get the
QT version to run.

With that, both the GTK and QT versions run at about 1.8 - 2.4 fps
here.

If I disable the per-frame background rendering from each, then they
both go up to about 70 - 80 fps.

So far I'm not seeing much in the way of an interesting comparison to
be made.