[cairo] Quartz + py-cairo

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Tue Jan 9 10:19:42 PST 2007

Hi folks,

I've installed cairo 1.2.4 (+quartz variant) and py-cairo 1.2.2 via
macports.  The Quartz surface doesn't appear to be installed, but
perhaps I'm doing something wrong (just getting started with cairo,
though I've been lurking on the list for a few months).  My goal is
to use cairo as natively as possible, via python, in a window.
Eventually I hope to be able to use cairo to port my NSBezierPath-
based Cocoa application to Linux and Windows. Any pointers for
getting started would be appreciated.

--Dethe

"Well I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five years now, doctor,
and I'm
happy to state I've finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd, Harvey