[cairo] Re: Embeding JPG in PDF

Stuart Parmenter stuartp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 17:08:57 PST 2007

Please don't add more formats to cairo.  Even adding one more is going
to mean that someone will want yet another image format.  It is
trivial to do external loading of jpegs and to put them in to
surfaces.  Loading images just shouldn't be something cairo is in the
business of doing.

As for the actual topic this thread was started for...  I'm not sure
that you really ever want to lose image quality when printing images
do you?  I think adding stuff to cairo-pdf.h as Behdad suggest is
probably the best way to go.

stuart