[cairo] Re: Lander Game

Alex Mac lots.of.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 11:59:49 PST 2007

I've put a new release on the website, not much in the way of
rendering improvements but it is taking shape as more of a game now.

I've got two flags that allow the background to be rendered once to
either a image surface or an xlib surface. The latter causes
everything to become really jerky. I render the cached background
after doing a scale and setting a clip, and I'm guessing that probably
puts things into a slow path? If I'm going to be caching stuff as a
raster how can I make the subsequent compositing as close to a "blit"
as possible, how do i make sure I'm hitting the fastest path through
cairo?