[cairo] Re: Lander Game

Damon Chaplin damon at karuna.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 04:54:19 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 09:54 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:

> If you did some frame-rate limiting I don't think you'll actually need
> to throw any more raster caching at this. (And by the way, I think all
> this painful, extra code you've added for caching shows why it would
> be nice to have a canvas layer that actually did stuff like this---I
> was surprised when I played with goocanvas to not find any support for
> caching things like this.)

I've never really considered caching in GooCanvas before (noone has
requested it, and I've been trying to finish other stuff).

Since a canvas can be very large, you can't really cache all items all
the time. So I guess there should be something like three options for
caching for each item - None, Always and When Visible.

I don't think it would be too hard to add.

Damon