[cairo] [cairo-announce] New cairo wiki available, please

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Jul 4 07:34:46 PDT 2007

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:39:49 +0200, "Gerdus van Zyl" wrote:
> Can someone please create a Cookbook toplevel section? or give me
> permission to create it?

I just created that, but I did so only to test that anybody should be
able to create new pages through the online interface.

And you should be able to. But there is a bit of a trick to doing
so. What you have to do is first decide from where you want to link to
your new page. So I went to /documentation and edited it to include
the following:

	[[Cookbook]]: Simple recipes for drawing

Putting double-brackets around a work like that is the ikiwiki way of
making an intra-wiki link. Once I did that, the documentation page
made a little question-mark link next to the word Cookbook, and
clicking on that link brought up the page-creation form.

> I think that would be a good place to answer common how to questions,
> like eg. how do I draw a rounded rectangle. I have quite a few recipes
> i would like to share.

Sounds like a great idea. I look forward to seeing what you have to
offer.