[cairo] Cairo documentation

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Jul 5 06:45:30 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 10:10 -0400, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:17:08 +0200, Nis Martensen wrote:
> >  - The following URLs (from
> http://cairographics.org/documentation/) are
> >    currently "403 Forbidden":
> >       http://cairographics.org/TODO
> >       http://cairographics.org/ROADMAP
> >       http://cairographics.org/BIBLIOGRAPHY
>
> Now that (finally) the new wiki is running, I've gone and fixed
> these. (The old capitalized names now redirect permanently to
> lowercase names.)
>
> Also, please note that the above URLs no longer fetch data from the
> files that exist within the "cairo" source-code repository. Instead,
> the data has been copied to live within the wiki itself. The old setup
> was in place just because I wanted to make it easy to keep the pages
> up to date with "git push" since editing the old wiki was so
> painful. But now that all pages in the wiki can be maintained with
> git, that problem no longer exists.

Umm, I'm not sure I like this.  Yeah, I definitely don't.

What if, we put the web stuff inside cairo's main git repo?  Say,
cairo/www?  Doesn't have to go into tarballs, but at least we can drop
cairo/TODO etc and move them in www/, then make "make dist" copy them
into cairo/ just for the tarball.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/