[cairo] Pixel packing mismatch on XRender glyph rendering

Matt Hoosier matt.hoosier at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 06:37:57 PDT 2007

Carl, Daniel,

On 6/6/07, Dan Amelang <daniel.amelang at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/6/07, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> >
> > Also, I believe Daniel Amelang recently submitted a patch to improve
> > the 8888 over 565 rendering for the X server, right Daniel?
>
> Right-o, Carl. It's right here:
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-April/023763.html
>
> With that patch, I get 20-29 fps doing full-screen (640x480) blending
> on my N800 (ARM 330 Mhz), w/out hardware acceleration of course. Might
> be good enough for your purposes, Matt.

Okay, thanks for the background. I wonder: does XRender allow a way to
send the alpha channel in a separate data structure (e.g. 565 text + 8
alpha) rather than re-packed into the 8888 image? Probably not,
because that seems like the sort of optimization you'd already have
done. :)

Daniel, thanks for the link. I'll give it a try.