[cairo] Pre-release snapshot before cairo 1.4.8 (win32 mutex testing needed)

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Sat Jun 9 10:54:18 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 18:40 -0400, Carl Worth wrote:
> > To do make check, perf/Makefile linking needs -lrt for sched_yield
>
> Hmm... is that something I should add unconditionally? Can someone
> suggest a good, portable solution here?

Pushed the fix.  Checks for sched_yield() in librt during configure and
if found, links cairo-perf to rt.  Makes it link to rt on Linux too, but
that's ok.

> > FAIL: check-def.sh
> > FAIL: check-plt.sh
>
> Those might be worth looking into on your end. It's possible that your
> system just doesn't support the PLT bypassing that cairo is checking
> for here, (in which case it would probably make sense to disable this
> test in that case).

Can you tell me what the tests write out?  Do you know if you are
compiling to ELF?  And what gcc version?

Ok, I believe I know why they are failing.  Because slim_hidden is only
defined if:

#if __GNUC__ >= 3 && defined(__ELF__) && !defined(__sun)

So the question is, why !defined(__sun) there?  I don't see a good
answer.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/