[cairo] which operations modify the canvas?

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Wed Jun 20 10:21:00 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am still struggling with cairo and X11 w/ an intermediate pixmap --
XDamage generates the events, but I need to XSync explicitly,
otherwise they don't get to the window.

I think I will just call XSync when needed.  For this, I need a
complete list of operations that modify the "canvas".  Here is what I
have come up with (dropping cairo_):

fill
fill_preserve
fill_extents
mask
mask_surface
paint
paint_with_alpha
stroke
stroke_preserve
stroke_extents

Did I miss anything?

For future developments, it would be ideal if I could attach a
callback function to the surface or context (whichever is easier) that
would be called (with a pointer to user-suppled data) whenever actual
drawing happens.  Would this be feasible?

Thanks,

Tamas