[cairo] [cairo osx] OS X example

Hugo Vincent hugo.vincent at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:24:33 PDT 2007

I'm using the official Cairo 1.4.8 release, and Cairomm from CVS
(checked out in March...), both compiled from source.

Default configure for Cairomm (no arguments), and Cairo configured as:
./confgure --disable-xlib --disable-xlib-render --enable-quartz --
disable-freetype --enable-ps --enable-png --enable-pdfs --disable-svg
--enable-atsui

Cairomm doesn't support Quartz in any released versions AFAIK. I
wrote a patch that adds Quartz support, and it's been accepted
upstream and is in CVS, so you need to use a recent CVS checkout.
Unless you need Cairomm it might just be easier to use plain Cairo.

You might also want to look LibPapyrus. I'm using that in my Cocoa
application, and I wrote a patch to make it work nicely with Cocoa
events and such. My modified version is here: http://hugovincent.no-
ip.org/files/Papyrus-Hugo-0.71.tar.bz2
and an explanation is here: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/
forum.php?thread_name=B8EC388F-60F1-4111-AFAB-39153AAA1861%
40gmail.com&forum_name=libpapyrus-devel

If nothing else, treat it as a more-worked-through example of how to
use Cairo(mm) on Cocoa.

Regarding XCode, select the target (on the list on the left side of
the window) and go File->Get Info. No go to the Build tab, and modify
the Header Search Path, and Library Search Path options. You may also
need to put "-lcairo" in Other Linker Flags.

Regards,
Hugo Vincent.