[cairo] Cairo version now at 1.5.1

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jun 27 18:05:20 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 17:34 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:

> But I also think I was unfair to call Vlad's work "24.8 work". I
> believe his code is just a #define away from supporting any of the
> options you propose above. So we can definitely explore things easily
> here.

Sure, but presumably we'll eventually push this change across the wire
as well, so we should figure out where the line should be drawn at some
point.

> That said, anybody have any interesting opinions in that discussion?

Fewer sub-pixel bits *may* permit faster coverage computation for
polygons; whether that translates to potentially hardware-accelerated
coverage computation is unknown. Some idea of how we get faster
rasterization should be a key factor in the coordinate format decision.

keith.packard at intel.com