[cairo] [cairo-announce] cairo release 1.4.10 now available

Allen allen.saucier at cas-inc.com
Thu Jun 28 07:40:44 PDT 2007

Tor,

much appreciated.  Under my Gtkmm directory structure, I've got cairomm
1.0.  Under my Gtk directory, I've got cairo 1.0.
So it appears that my install of Gtkmm 2.10.6 does not have the latest
version of Cairomm in it at all.

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Allen writes:
>  > I'm a newbie w/ Cairo & the product is GREAT!  I use Gtkmm v 2.10.6 for
>  > Windows.  I'm compiling w/ .Net 2005.  Is there anyway to update my
>  > version of Cairo to the latest version w/o killing my dev environment?
>
> What is your current cairo version? As you saw in the announcement,
> there didn't seem to be changes from 1.4.8 that would affect the win32
> backend that much, so there shouldn't be any immediate hurry to
> upgrade to 1.4.8.
>
> If you don't have cairo 1.4.8 already, you can get it prebuilt for
> Windows from
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/ . Just
> unpack the cairo-dev-1.4.8.zip file on top of where your current cairo
> headers and import libraries are, and correspondingly the
> cairo-1.4.8.zip file on top of where your current cairo DLL is.

Will this version of Cairo work with Cairomm?  Will it work with Gtkmm
2.10.x?  And do I install this file under Gtk or Gtkmm?  I've installed
them in different directories for convenience purposes
> Have a look inside the zipfiles first with some good tool that shows
> the folder structure and doesn't try to be too clever (I recomment a
> plain command-line unzip.exe...), and compare to what you have in your
> development environment, and it should hopefully be reasonably clear
> what goes where.
>
> Once I get around to build cairo 1.4.10 for Windows and upload it, the
> zipiles for it will be in the place mentioned above.
>
> --tml

Thanks!!!!  I look forward to those latest zips.

--
Sincerely, Allen

Gene Allen Saucier, Jr
Software Engineer
EDO-CAS, Inc
Madison Research Park, Bld 111
111 Research Blvd
Madison, AL  35758
"...As for I and my house, we shall follow the Lord"  Joshua 24:15