[cairo] [cairo-announce] cairo release 1.4.10 now available

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Jun 28 09:36:38 PDT 2007

Allen writes:
 > #define CAIRO_HAS_FT_FONT 1

 > Well, tried to get your latest version of Cairo to work w/ gtk/gtkmm
 > 2.10.6 and got this error:
 > cairo_ft_font_face_create_for_pattern   not in libcairo-2.dll.

Ah, you have a cairo with the freetype font backend. It must have been
built by somebody other than me then. I don't build cairo with that
backend because for GTK+ on Win32 it isn't needed so I want to avoid
the extra dependency on freetype and fontconfig DLLs. (Windows package
management being what it is (i.e., nonexistent), the less
dependencies, the better. On Unix systems this is usually a
non-issue.)

 > C:\GTK\lib\libcairo.dll.a
 > C:\GTK\bin\libcairo-2.dll

Hmm, I thought you said you were using Microsoft's compiler? (You said
somewhat cryptically "I'm compiling w/ .Net 2005", with which I
thought you referred to Visual Studio 2005, even if it doesn't have
".NET" in its name.) Are you actually using mingw?

--tml