[cairo] PS/PDF Gradients

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Mar 2 11:45:23 PST 2007

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 11:36:42 -0800, MenTaLguY wrote:
> The biggest issue is still that Cairo rasterizes groups (which, when
> object opacity is used, means pretty much anything).

Oh, right. I'd forgotten about that one.

> Will you have time to look at that with me this weekend?  I tried to
> attack it during the week, but I got completely lost.

I'm making 1.4 as we speak, (just typing release notes), and I'll be
doing pretty much nothing of cairo this weekend. But yes, let's work
together on this soon.

I definitely want to make sure we have a 1.4.2 release as soon as
possible, and these are the goals I have for that:

* Fill all XFAIL test cases

* Give inkscape everything it needs for a switch to cairo

	- fix a8-mask XFAIL (patch exists on list---and got good
	- review from inkscape folks)

	- fix long-lines XFAIL (switch from 16.16 to 24.8 for internal
          fixed-point storage)

	- fix rasterization of PDF gradients (starting from Miklós
          patch on the list)

	- fix rasterization of PDF groups (make pdf create_similar
          return a meta-surface in a way similar to what the SVG
          backend does

* Turn on X server gradients

* Other cool stuff that people really wanted in 1.4 but just didn't
  quite make it.