[cairo] cairo 1.3.16 with quartz and atsui

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Sat Mar 3 18:32:29 PST 2007

Baz wrote:
> I disabled xlib, xcb in my build to get rid of that. Currently I build with
> '--enable-quartz --enable-atsui --disable-xlib --disable-ft
> --disable-ps --disable-xcb'
>
> IIRC disable ft isn't necessary (enabling atsui will disable it) and
> ps was disabled because I have the wrong version of ghostscript and
> was getting the test failures that result (I've gone to the trouble of
> having the right version of gs in the past, but its just not there
> right now)
>
> For this one, should automake fail to enable quartz if xlib is
> enabled? Or should --enable-quartz disable xlib?

Probably; I don't really know how to resolve the Picture conflict
otherwise, and I'm not sure if there is any value in doing so -- a Cairo
that supports xlib (perfectly valid on the Mac) will probably be used by
a totally different class of apps than one that supports Quartz.
However, the problem only comes up in cairo-boilerplate.c, which is one
of the very few places (if not the only one?) where all the different
backends touch.

Maybe the solution is to just split out cairo-boilerplate into multiple
translation units, so that we don't run into this?  Building a Cairo on
OSX that supports both xlib and quartz should be possible (though as I
said before I don't think it's a high value thing).

    - Vlad