[cairo] Re: Sorry I broke the text tests! (and status update)

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Sun Mar 4 03:15:12 PST 2007

Mathias Hasselmann writes:
 > a) DllMain exists

As the docs say, "There are serious limits on what you can do in a DLL
entry point. To provide more complex initialization, create an
initialization routine for the DLL." But just calling (a function that
calls) InitializeCriticalSection() is no problem at all.

But what about people who build a static cairo library, and perhaps
link that into a DLL which already has its own DllMain()...?

 > b) gcc supports marking functions as runtime initializers/finalizers
 > (something long with __ini__ and __fini__ sections/attributes - dunno
 > exactly: have to read gcc's manual again).

cairo can be built with MSVC as well as gcc on Win32. And are you sure
those aren't ELF features, not gcc (or GNU linker) features?

--tml