[cairo] Re: Sorry I broke the text tests! (and status update)

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Sun Mar 4 13:32:06 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 09:44 -0500, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> Ok, so here there is a first patch. Followed the path of
> CAIRO_MUTEX_INITIALIZE() in every potential entry point. Only
> difference: CAIRO_MUTEX_INITIALIZE() also invokes code on pthread
> platforms as I wanted to keep handling of CAIRO_MUTEX_DECLARE simple.
> If that minimal performance penalty is not acceptable, I can change
> that.

Thanks Matthias.  I didn't completely read your patch, but at a glance
it looked it.  Just:

  - Why does it touch cairo-boilerplate.c?  Please break changes into
minimal patches.  That helps debugging later.

  - Yesterday I had an idea: instead of touching all backends, we can
call CAIRO_MUTEX_INITIALIZE() in these:

	_cairo_font_face_init
	_cairo_surface_init
	_cairo_pattern_init

This should be enough.

And I didn't get why you had to make it call anything on pthread.  If
there's no need, lets make it a nop.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/