[cairo] fixing Cairo's FreeType multi-threaded usage
david at freetype.org
Sun Mar 4 22:59:39 PST 2007
the removal loop is broken, thanks for spotting this; I must say I'm
surprised I've never encountered that on my desktop that runs it.
here's a diff that fixes the issue. And I also regenerated a patchset:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 04:56:05 +0100 (CET), "Jan Slupski" <jslupski at juljas.net> said:
> On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, David Turner wrote:
> > Hello,
> > here's a second version of my patchset that fixes the bug described early
> > (incorrect behaviour of the FreeType-backed implementation of the toy font
> > interface). It needed a few tricky internal changes, but all sems good know.
> > http://david.freetype.org/cairo/fix-freetype-usage-2.patchset
> > note that it was generated against a recent clone of the Cairo git repository,
> > you should *not* apply the first patchset before this one.
> > All test cases pass, except the ones that already failed with the original
> > sources.
> > As usual, all comments are welcomed :-)
> Hi David,
> Thanks a lot for a patch. It helped a lot.
> I can report that 1.3.16 with this patch is often quicker that 1.2.6.
> Unfortunately I just hit another problem.
> It seems that at certain conditions I hit endless loop
> in _cairo_mru_list_remove_select function.
> This happens when 'node' that is 'first' element is removed.
> I've added some debug code (_cairo_mru_list_remove_select.c)
> Here is sample output (when LOOP_WORKAROUND unset) - endless.log
> When I switch LOOP_WORKAROUND on I have correct results - workaround.log
> Let me know if there is anything else I can provide you with
> _ _ _ _ _____________________________________________
> | |_| |\ | S L U P S K I jslupski at juljas.net
> |_| | | | \| http://juljas.net/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1103 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/attachments/20070305/b708ca3e/fix-freetype-usage-3.obj
More information about the cairo