[cairo] Procedures for contributing patches.

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Mar 6 10:05:28 PST 2007

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:20:33 -0500 , Shouqing Zhang wrote:
> Hi Carl,

Hi Shouqing,

> I am looking at the possibility of porting Cairo Graphics. According to the
> messages posted on CairoGraphics.com, I could create and post patches to
> this mailing list for submitting the changes.

Yes, this is the correct list to send patches to.

>                                               Do you have any more detailed
> info (procedures) regarding posting and maintaining the patch?

There's not much to it really. If you're planning on doing long-term
maintenance of code within cairo, (as opposed to some one-time
fixing), then you'll really want to get familiar with git and use it
to put together your patches. That way we'll have the option to create
an account for you to push commits out to cairo's central repository
directly.