[cairo] Cairo on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

Emmanuel Pacaud emmanuel.pacaud at lapp.in2p3.fr
Thu Mar 8 23:05:51 PST 2007

Le jeudi 08 mars 2007 à 17:55 -0600, ken carlino a écrit :
> Does Cairo install on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 ?
> I did a 'rpm -q cairo', I don't see it has cairo.
>
> If not, if my application uses cairo and need to be deployed on RHEL4,
> what is the best way to do that?  I prefer not to have the user to
> download the cairo source and compile/install on RHEL4.

RHEL4 ships with gtk 2.4, so I doubt there's an official cairo package
for it, and if there was one, it would be a very old cairo version you
don't want to use.

The best solution for you is to build a package you can give to your
users, probably by backporting a recent Fedora Core one.

	Emmanuel.

--
Emmanuel PACAUD
Groupe Virgo