[cairo] extend-reflect test hangs system

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:18:43 PDT 2007

I am new to this mailing list and fairly new to cairo.

In any case, I have been running into severe problems with my build of
cairo-1.4.0.

I build the package with:

./configure --prefix=/usr && make

Then I do a make check.   When doing this remotely, extend-reflect gives me:

TESTING extend-reflect
Test CAIRO_EXTEND_REFLECT for surface patterns
extend-reflect-image-argb32 [0]:        PASS
extend-reflect-image-argb32 [25]:       PASS
extend-reflect-image-rgb24 [0]: PASS
extend-reflect-image-rgb24 [25]:        PASS
Failed to open display:
extend-reflect-xlib-argb32 [0]: UNTESTED
Failed to open display:
extend-reflect-xlib-argb32 [25]:        UNTESTED
Failed to open display:
extend-reflect-xlib-rgb24 [0]:  UNTESTED
Failed to open display:
extend-reflect-xlib-rgb24 [25]: UNTESTED
extend-reflect-ps-argb32 [0]:   PASS
extend-reflect-ps-argb32 [25]:  PASS
extend-reflect-ps-rgb24 [0]:    PASS
extend-reflect-ps-rgb24 [25]:   PASS

When doing the make check in an X window, the output of the first four
tests is the same, but then the system hangs hard.  No X cursor
movement, no response to the keyboard (even the off button), no response
to ping and an ssh connection is dead.  The only way to recover is to
disconnect all power to the system and power up again.

I can disable this test and all the others complete (but not all pass).

The only way I can figure that a crash to this level can occur is
triggered by cairo via the X generic Nvidia driver (nv) which I thought
was well tested.

Suggestions are welcome.

  -- Bruce